This article explains how to migrate Exchange to Office 365 using Cloudiway.
1. Create an Exchange On-Premises source connector
Click on Connectors > New.
Select Connector Type Exchange On Premises.
Set a Connector Name, select Mail then click on NEXT.
Enter the different settings:
- Domain Names – Enter the SMTP domain names of the mailboxes you will migrate.
- Exchange Server Name – Enter the URL of the Exchange server you are migrating from. The server must be accessible from the internet.
- Exchange Type – Select your Exchange Server version.
Then, select the authentication type to access mailboxes:
- Impersonation = The migration account must have impersonation rights, meaning it can impersonate all users.
- Delegation = The migration account has the right to access user mailboxes (you have Full access to each mailbox you want to migrate).
- Self Service = Access to the mailbox with the username and password of each user.
In some circumstances, for example, in hosted environments, you might not get access to an account with Impersonation or Delegation privileges.
In this case, use the Self Service option. Check out this article for additional information:
2. Create the Office 365 target connector
In a similar way that you created a source connector, create your Office 365 target connector. For more information please review this article – https://help.cloudiway.com/article/office-365-connector-configuration/.
3. Set your global settings
From the left-side navigation menu, go to Mails, and set what you want to migrate in Global Settings:
4. Create your users in the Mail User List
Go to Mails, User List. You can use different options available under MANAGE (Create or Import),
PS: Get List feature is not available for exchange On-Premises connector.
Select your users, eventually order them by batches and click on MIGRATION –> Start to start the migration.
You can also start an Audit task before the migration to identify the size of your mailboxes.
Your mgration will be scheduled and will begin as soon as resources are available.
If you need more details, we recommend the following admin guide: