This article explains what is migrated during a Google Workspace to Office 365 migration and the limitations.
We have prepared a list for you with all the items (Mails, Settings, Services, Files, Permissions, Meta Data, and more). Click here to download this one-page document.
- Mailboxes are migrated (emails, labels, contacts, contact groups, calendars, meetings, recurring meetings, tasks)
- Primary and additional calendars (including meeting details)
- Permissions and delegations on calendars. Also coexistence scenario is in place to allow reservation and cancellation before, during and after the migration.
- Rooms and resources
- Litigation hold folders (Google Vault)
- Inbound rules
- Out of office messages
- Other Contacts
Cloudiway migrates Google Groups (HTML discussion forums at http://groups.google.com) to Office 365 groups or to shared mailboxes.
See Google groups migration for additional information.
Google Drive migration
- Google Drives are migrated to OneDrive and/or to SharePoint Online libraries
- Folder structures
- All files (if migrating to OneDrive, note that it won’t accept Google Forms, Google My Maps, or Google Apps scripts)
- Files are automatically converted from Google format to Microsoft Office format
- Permissions and shares
- Cloudiway migration keeps revisions and metadata (date of creation, date of modification, owner,etc.)
- Cloudiway migration updates the “Shared with me” view so that your users know which files are shared with them
- Google Forms
- Google My Maps
- Good Apps Scripts
- Empty Folders
Google Sites migration
See https://cloudiway.com/solutions/google-sites-to-sharepoint-migration/ for additional information.
- Structure of site
- All types of pages
- Web pages
- File Cabinets
- List Pages
- Announcement Pages
- All attachments found in pages
- File Cabinet content including content coming from Google Drives
- Google Gadgets with SharePoint equivalent
- Google Drive folders and their content
- Embedded files
- In the Google site, you can embed a Google Drive document in a page: Cloudiway migration detects these files and migrates them
- Horizontal navigation bar
- Vertical navigation bar
- List Content
- Welcome Page
- URLs are rewritten during the migration
- Sub-pages with the same names are rewritten
- Delta migrations are also possible. Find out more here: https://help.cloudiway.com/article/delta-migration-during-google-sites-migration/
See https://help.cloudiway.com/article/google-site-to-sharepoint-migration-limitations/ for additional information.
- Menus with more than two levels (SharePoint limitation)
- Site logo
- Gadgets without SharePoint equivalent