Following this support rules article, we want to emphasize the limits of free support in this article.
Free Basic Support is included in the price of all Cloudiway migration licenses.
However, Cloudiway shall have no obligation to provide unlimited technical support and we reserve the right to charge for additional support and/or consulting services.
Free Basic Support is provided through email ticketing system only. Cloudiway support is supporting the migration tools, it is not the helpdesk of your project.
Cloudiway Sales Managers may propose Consulting Services for larger projects as we have learned from experience that first-time users or those who are new to migration projects often need some level of guidance.
This service is still limited to the configuration and usage of the Cloudiway tools, but can at times give general advice on how to configure your tenants. It’s your right to not purchase these optional services, but understand that your support options will be limited to email-based Free Basic Support.
Some Cloudiway migration products such as Google Groups migration, Coexistence, and Site migrations require Consulting Services to be ordered in addition to the licenses simply because the migration projects and technical challenges are often unusual or too complex to complete.
If you do not wish to order consulting services for these scenarios, we understand, but we also can’t move forward with you on these projects and we appreciate you considering Cloudiway for your migration needs.
Third-party software support
The Cloudiway platform is connecting to several systems such as Google Workspace, Microsoft 365, SharePoint, Lotus Notes, DropBox, Box.com, etc., but Cloudiway does not support these systems.
Cloudiway support can’t deliver expertise on products that it does not develop. From a support point of view, Cloudiway’s responsibility is to point you to the exact cause of the problem, and it’s up to you to address it.
If you don’t have the time or expertise to manage the project on your own, you have several options:
- Search relevant documentation on the internet.
- Hire an integrator or a freelance consultant to manage the migration project and configure your tenants for you.
- Purchase Cloudiway Consulting hours to assist you in determining the best way to configure and use the Cloudiway tools based on your project needs.
Example issues that Cloudiway can’t address
- SharePoint or other APIs do not support ADFS or MFA.
- Cloudiway support will advise you to use a migration account that bypasses ADFS or MFA.
- However, Cloudiway support can’t assist in setting up such account. This requires deep ADFS expertise, change management, adjusting your security policies, etc.
- Migration of on-premises environment requires the SAAS platform to be able to connect to the source system.
- Cloudiway support may determine that TCP/IP ports are not opened through your firewall.
- Cloudiway support will provide the IP and ports to allow in your firewall, but can’t assist in configuring your firewall.
- Configure Migration accounts.
- Customers often experience issues configuring a migration account that has access to all necessary mailboxes and data to migrate. Cloudiway can’t assist in configuring an account that has access to all mailboxes but will provide admin guides that describe the pre-requisites for each migration scenario that you can implement in your tenant.
Free Support Conclusion
To summarize, Cloudiway is doing the support of its products, not the support of your project or tenant. Any request that can’t be resolved by a configuration change on the Cloudiway platform is not under the scope of free support. This is the work of partners, integrators, and administrators at the customer site.
To complete, you may find the following article helpful: