During migration, you may hit 2 distinct problems, very similar in the resolution:
- Migration of permission issue: one or more permissions may not be migrated
- Migration of group membership issue during a group or a site migration.
For troubleshooting these issues, please follow these steps and if necessary, open a ticket to our support and provide the necessary information.
Permission and membership migration work the same:
- The email address of the member or ACL is extracted
- The source email address is converted to the target email address using the Cloudiway mapping table. If the entry is not present in the mapping table, the email address will not be converted and the migration will fail
- Once converted, the target email address is pushed to the permission or to the group membership. Obviously, the user or group must already exist at the target. If it does not exist, pushing the permission or member will fail.
Group membership migration:
- The source email address of the group that you are migrating
- A missing member to analyze ( the source email address).
- A screenshot of the Cloudiway mapping table shows that this entry is defined. (If the entry has been added after the migration, our logs will indicate that).
- A screenshot of the user or group in the Office 365 administration portal shows that the user or group exists with the email.
File Permission migration
- A full path of a filename to investigate: the folder path and file name. Please provide as plaintext so that we can copy and paste the information into a debugger.
- A missing permission to analyze ( the source email address).
- A screenshot of the Cloudiway mapping table showing that this entry is defined. (If the entry has been added after the migration, our logs will indicate that).
- A screenshot of the user or group in the Office 365 administration portal showing that the user or group exists with the email.