Following the Migration Between Microsoft 365 Tenants solution page, the limitations list page. You will find below our answers to the most FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) on MS Office 365 tenant to tenant migration.
- Does the migration retain all user settings (folder structure, read/unread status, public/private calendar entries, flags, reminders, notes, contacts, rules, signatures, etc.)?
Yes to ALL except signatures.
- Can we automatically regenerate all Teams meeting invites with links from the new tenant and update invitations? Can custom meeting options be retained?
No, this isn’t possible using Cloudiway. We will migrate the calendars as they are, without modifying the meetings links.
- What happens if a calendar invitation is updated after the migration (internal/external, sender/participant)?
It is updated like any other meeting.
- What happens with link-attached OneDrive documents in the email history?
We migrate emails as they are, without touching their content.
- Will we retain full details of distribution lists, mailbox delegations, send-as, send-on-behalf rights, shared mailbox settings?
Yes for mail delegations.
- What will happen to the source tenant user mailboxes that have currently rights for other users to read?
Permissions are migrated.
- Is file version history retained? Which retention policy will apply, target tenant now has 90 days but the source tenant may be different?
Versions are migrated. Cloudiway will migrate the 3 latest versions of each file.
- Are deleted (not yet purged) items included?
- Does the file migration tool retain permissions for both internal and external users? Are links regenerated?
Only internal permissions. External and Sharing links aren’t retained/regenerated.
- What will the shared with you/by you tabs include post-migration?
Files shared with you/by you in the source.
- Will sites be recreated with owners/members (internal/external), channels (public/private), files, wikis, planners and other tabs?
Yes. Only default wikis will be migrated. Added custom wikis aren’t migrated.
- What will happen with Teams channels, that have no owner or even no owner and members at all in source tenant?
They will still get migrated, and have the migration account as their owner.
- What will happen with source tenant Archived Teams channels, if any exist? Will they be possible to be restored if needed?
They need to be restored before migration so that we can migrate them.
- How do Teams conversations migrate? One-to-one/group/channel, internal/external?
1-1 isn’t part of Teams, it is part of the mailbox. Channel posts are converted to an HTML file posted in the target channel.
- What about special permissions when specific folders/files are shared with internal/external non-members or member rights are manually adjusted?
Internal permissions are migrated. External permissions aren’t migrated.
Take a closer look at our MS Teams Migration Product:
Interested in Google to Microsoft 365?