During a migration, you’re hitting the following error message:
Fatal Error: Cannot contact web site ‘https://tenantName-my.sharepoint.com/’ or the website does not support SharePoint Online credentials.
The exact error message is:
Fatal Error: Cannot contact web site ‘https://tenantName-my.sharepoint.com/’ or the website does not support SharePoint Online credentials. The response status code is ‘Unauthorized’. The response headers are ‘X-SharePointHealthScore=0, X-MSDAVEXT_Error=917656;
Product: OneDrive or SharePoint Migration
Reason: There can be at least 2 reasons.
- The permissions for the migration account defined in the connector are incorrect.
Run the preprocessing task on the Cloudiway platform.
It will provision the OneDrives and give the permissions to the migration account defined in the connector.
We have seen this error for a customer who didn’t run the preprocessing task and tried instead to set the migration account as SharePoint administrator or tried to give manually the permissions to the OneDrive Site collection.
- You may have enabled Modern Authentication and disabled Legacy authentication.
- You must re-enable LegacyAuthenticatio.Use these PowerShell commands:
- Connect-SPOService -Url https://tenant-admin.sharepoint.com/
- Set-SPOTenant -LegacyAuthProtocolsEnabled $true